TERMS & CONDITIONS
Twenty8App/Twenty8Watch APP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Updated: 8/17/2015
Welcome to the FreshDirections B.V. (“FreshDirections B.V.” “we” or “us”) mobile device application (“App”) and website located at FDthinking.com (the “Site”). Please read these Terms of Service (the “Terms”) carefully because they govern your use of our App and Site and the information and services accessible via our App. To make these Terms easier to read, the Site and our platform and services and App are collectively called the “Services.”
Agreement to Terms
*Changes to Terms or Services*
We may modify the Terms at any time, in our sole discretion. If we do so, we’ll let you know either by posting the modified Terms on the Site or App or through other communications. It’s important that you review the Terms whenever we modify them because if you continue to use the Services after we have posted modified Terms on the Site or App, you are indicating to us that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by the modified Terms, then you can’t use the Services anymore. Because our Services are evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
Who May Use the Services
Anyone is free and under no obligation to use our services. You may use the Services if you have the consent of an adult over the age of 18 years of age or if you are 18 years of age and are capable of forming a binding contract with FreshDirections B.V. and are not barred from using the Services under applicable law.
Through the Services, we provide lifestyle relationship advice and entertainment.
- The ability to track the ovulation and period cycle of an individual for entertainment purposes only.
- Customized countdown clocks that alert the user to the 14 day cycle leading up to Ovulation and the 14 day cycle leading up to the female period.
- Hypothetical advice written in a witty manner for entertainment purposes only.
- The ability to choose a start a starting date for countdown or daily guidelines based on any calendar date the user may deem accurate to their needs.
- FreshDirections B.V. endeavors to ensure positive information; however, FreshDirections B.V. makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, or accuracy of the advice given.
Unless the Services are marked as FREE, you agree to pay, and authorize FreshDirections B.V.’s third party payment processor to charge using your selected payment method, for all applicable fees and taxes that may accrue in relation to your subscription to use the Services.
We welcome feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). You can submit Feedback by emailing us at email@example.com
You grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
Content and Content Rights
For purposes of these Terms: (i) “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Services; and (ii) “User Content” means any Content that Account holders (including you) provide to be made available through the Services. Content includes without limitation User Content.
Content Ownership, Responsibility and Removal
FreshDirections B.V. does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content that you make available through the Services and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. Subject to the foregoing, FreshDirections B.V and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Services and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services.
Rights in User Content Granted by You
By making any User Content available through Services you hereby grant to FreshDirections B.V. a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform and distribute your User Content in connection with operating and providing the Services and Content to you and to other Account holders.
You are solely responsible for all your User Content. You represent and warrant that you own all your User Content or you have all rights that are necessary to grant us the license rights in your User Content under these Terms. You also represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor your use and provision of your User Content to be made available through the Services, nor any use of your User Content by FreshDirections B.V. on or through the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
You can remove your User Content by specifically deleting it. However, in certain instances, some of your User Content may not be completely removed and copies of your User Content may continue to exist on the Services. We are not responsible or liable for the removal or deletion of (or the failure to remove or delete) any of your User Content.
Rights in Content Granted by FreshDirections B.V.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, FreshDirections B.V. grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to download, view, copy and display the Content solely in connection with your permitted use of the Services and solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes.
Rights and Terms for Apps
Rights in App Granted by FreshDirections B.V.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, FreshDirections B.V. grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to download and install a copy of the App on a mobile device that you own or control and to run such copy of the App solely for your own personal non-commercial purposes. FreshDirections B.V. reserves all rights in and to the App not expressly granted to you under these Terms.
Additional Terms for App Store Apps
If you download the App through or from any app store or distribution platform (like the Apple App Store or Google Play) where the App is made available (each, an “App Provider”), then you acknowledge and agree that:
- These Terms are concluded between you and FreshDirections B.V., and not with the App Provider, and that FreshDirections B.V. (not the App Provider), is solely responsible for the App.
- The App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
- In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the App Provider, and the App Provider will refund the purchase price for the App to you (if applicable) and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of FreshDirections B.V.
- The App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App or your possession and use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of that App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, FreshDirections B.V will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms.
- The App Provider and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms as related to your license of the App, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms, the App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as related to your license of the App against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
- You must also comply with all applicable third party terms of service when using the App.
- You agree to comply with all U.S. and foreign export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the App nor any technical data related thereto nor any direct product thereof is exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations. By using the App you represent and warrant that: (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
You may not: (i) copy, modify or create derivative works based on the App; (ii) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend or rent the App to any third party; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the App; or (iv) make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means.
General Prohibitions and FreshDirections B.V.’s Enforcement Rights
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Services, or any individual element within the Services, FreshDirections B.V.’s name, any FreshDirections B.V. trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page or in the App, without FreshDirections B.V.’s express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, FreshDirections B.V.’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of FreshDirections B.V.’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any FreshDirections B.V. system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by FreshDirections B.V. or any of FreshDirections B.V.’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services or Content;
- Attempt to access or search the Services or Content or download Content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by FreshDirections B.V. or other generally available third party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a FreshDirections B.V. trademark, logo URL or product name without FreshDirections B.V.’s express written consent;
- Use the Services or Content for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services or Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services or Content;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Although we’re not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms, or to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any Content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider any Content to be objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
Links to Third Party Websites or Resources
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We provide these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such sites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for, and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources.
FreshDirections B.V. respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. It is FreshDirections B.V.’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances Account holders who repeatedly infringe the rights of copyright holders.
We may terminate your access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of Services or your Account, all provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive will survive, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty and professional/medical services disclaimers, assumption of risk and indemnity, limitations of liability, and dispute resolution provisions.
THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any Content.
No Professional Services or Advice
FreshDirections B.V. provides the Services for informational and entertainment purposes only. THE SERVICES DO NOT CONTAIN OR CONSTITUTE, AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS, PROFESSIONAL OR MEDICAL ADVICE OR OPINION OF ANY KIND AND THE SERVICES ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL OR MEDICAL ADVICE OR OPINION OF ANY KIND. THE INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON WHEN MAKING PREGNANCY DECISIONS, OR TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT A MEDICAL OR HEALTH CONDITION OR TO BE USED AS A TOOL FOR BIRTH-CONTROL. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT CREATE A DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND FRESHDIRECTIONS B.V.
IN CONSIDERATION OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, YOU UNDERSTAND AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT THIS RISK AND AGREE THAT FRESHDIRECTIONS B.V., ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL, BODILY, OR MENTAL INJURY, ECONOMIC LOSS OR ANY DAMAGE TO YOU, YOUR SPOUSE, UNBORN CHILD, OR RELATIVES RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE NEGLIGENCE OF FRESHDIRECTIONS B.V. OR ANYONE ON FRESHDIRECTIONS B.V BEHALF. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FRESHDIRECTIONS B.V. IS PROVIDING INFORMATIONAL SERVICES ONLY AND MAY NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS.
YOU KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL RISK WHEN USING THE SERVICES. YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF, YOUR PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND YOUR HEIRS, HEREBY VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY FRESHDIRECTIONS B.V. AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, DISPUTES, DEMANDS, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE LEGAL AND ACCOUNTING FEES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR CONTENT OR (II) YOUR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR BODILY INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF SERVICES OR OTHER DAMAGES OR HARM, WHETHER TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
Limitation of Liability
NEITHER FRESHDIRECTIONS B. V. NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT FRESHDIRECTIONS B.V. HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IN NO EVENT WILL FRESHDIRECTIONS B.V.’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO FRESHDIRECTIONS B.V. FOR USE OF THE SERVICES.
THE ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN FRESHDIRECTIONS B.V. AND YOU.
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between FreshDirections B.V. and you regarding the Services and Content, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between FreshDirections B.V. and you regarding the Services and Content. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without FreshDirections B.V.’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. FreshDirections B.V. may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications provided by FreshDirections B.V. under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given: by FreshDirections B.V. (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Services. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
FreshDirections B.V.’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of FreshDirections B.V. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services, please contact FreshDirections B.V. at firstname.lastname@example.org